Advice for Before & After Ombre Brows Procedure
Before The Procedure...
- Do not tan or have a sunburned face
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen 24 hours before
- Do not drink alcohol or caffeine on the day of the procedure
- No waxing or tinting 3 days before the procedure
- No IPL laser hair removal should be performed during the 2 weeks prior to your procedure
After The Procedure...
Proper care following your enhancement is necessary to achieve the best results.
There is no downtime for Ombre Brows procedure. You can go right back to work and it heals completely in about one week. Your brows may be a little tender and swollen for the first few days and the pigment may appear about 30% darker for the first few weeks. Additional touch up treatments cannot be undertaken until the area has completely healed. A 6-8 weeks healing time is required before any more work can be undertaken.
- 24 hours after the procedure, clean the area gently with cool boiled water and a cotton pad and allow to air dry. Please wash your hands to prevent cross-contamination and use a clean cotton bud for each eyebrow. Apply a fine layer of after care balm (you can also use a pure natural oils instead: coconut oil, grasped oil, jojoba oil) to the treated area up to 3 times a day if its feels tight.
- Do not pick or pull at the treated area as it will result in pigment loss and can cause scarring. Itching is normal .You will go through three healing phases: 1-heal, 2-peel and 3-fade.
- NO splashing water, cleansers, creams, makeup or any other products on treated area for 10 days.
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 3-4 weeks after the procedure.
- Avoid heavy sweating for the first 10 days.
- NO facials, botox, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- Keep your hair away from your enhancement to prevent the possibility of infection.
- DO NOT use Petroleum Jelly or Vaseline on treated area.
For long term care:
- Use a sunblock when going out in the sun to stop the colour fading.
- If you are scheduled to have a chemical peel, laser procedure or an MRI scan, please inform the technician of your permanent cosmetics.
- Please inform the National Blood Service if you donate blood, as you may not be eligible to give blood for a six months following treatments.
- It is recommended that you have a colour refresh procedure every 12-18 months so your brows will always look at their best.